Friday, May 13, 2011

Mama's Chili

Next to music there is nothing that lifts the spirits and strengthens the soul more than a good bowl of chili. - Harry James (1916-1983) band leader and trumpeter

This is one of my favorite foods. Okay, I'll admit that pretty much any thing that I am eating is my favorite while I'm eating it....but this really is one of my favorites....We ate this with saltine crackers when I was growing up, but now I like it with grated cheese and crushed tortilla chips.

Mama's Chili

Ingredients

1 pound hamburger
1 onion, diced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 cans dark red kidney beans, drained
1 Tablespoon chili powder
salt
pepper
cheddar cheese and tortilla chips for topping

Brown hamburger with onions and parsley. Drain fat if necessary. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the tomatoes plus one can of water, kidney beans and chili powder. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment